Scarborough Medical Group is looking for a friendly and hardworking medical receptionist to join our cheerful but very busy teams.
Based at our South Cliff Surgery, you will lead from the front with regards to our patient’s experience when dealing with the Practice. Experience is not as essential as a “can do”, positive, cheerful disposition, but a customer service, customer facing or telephone enquiry handling employment background would be an advantage.
This is a fast paced, multi-tasking role and you will be required to think on your feet, problem-solve and act quickly during busy times. The ability to keep calm under pressure and maintain patient focus, therefore, is of paramount importance to us.
If you think you meet our outline person specification and like the sound of our brief job description (details below), then please fill out our application form which can be downloaded from our website www.scarboroughmedicalgroup.co.uk where you can also download our full job and person specification.
The closing date for applications to be returned is Friday 1st June 2018
- A cheerful, friendly, calming and sympathetic manner
- Highly professional, discreet and comfortable working with confidential information
- A good team worker with the ability to work and communicate openly and supportively with others
- Constantly aiming to excel in delivering first class customer/patient service both face to face and over the phone
- The ability to keep calm under pressure whilst performing multiple tasks under what can be very challenging circumstances
- Acting as the first point of contact for patients contacting the Practice
- Dealing with patients enquiries by phone and in person including; appointments scheduling, test results information, prescription requests amongst others
- Liaising with other departments and staff members and other healthcare providers to answer/follow up queries eg; dispensary, nursing teams, maternity, retinal screening, hospital and pharmacies amongst others.
- Updating and maintaining NHS systems in line with regulatory and Practice protocols (training will be provided, but you should be PC literate).
The role is 22hrs, part time, Mon to Fri. Additional hours will be required for sickness and holiday cover. Scarborough Medical Group offers a highly competitive salary and you will be entitled to join the NHS pension scheme should you wish. Uniform is provided upon completion of a 6month probationary period.
Please note that due to the high level of applications we expect to receive, if you have not heard from us one week from the closing date then your application will have been unsuccessful.
Job descriptionApplication Form