ASSISTANT PRACTICE MANAGER
Scarborough Medical Group is recruiting for an enthusiastic, highly organised and forward thinking Assistant Practice Manager.
With a list size of over 13,500 patients and three busy surgeries we are a large and dynamic GP training Practice based in the Scarborough area.
Reporting directly to the Practice Manager you will support and co-ordinate with other members of the management team, in the smooth running of the Practice’s operational functions and the delivery of Primary Healthcare to our patients.
By supporting senior management to deliver organisation goals in innovative ways, ensuring the practice is fully compliant with regulation and proactively overseeing key elements of the day-to-day running of the practice, this role will be key in supporting the development of the Practice to meet the current and future needs of the Practice population.
As Assistant Practice Manager you will work across all our sites and will have the authority to work on your own initiative supported by the Practice Manager, and will deputise for the Practice Manager in their absence. This can be a highly pressurised role and as such you should be comfortable coping with what can often be stressful situations.
The successful candidate should have proven and demonstrable experience in the following:
- Effective team management, leadership and staff development skills within a customer / public facing organisation
- Knowledge of financial management with comprehensive IT skills
- Excellent patient /customer focus to ensure quality service and care
- Strong organisational planning and prioritisation skills
- The ability to problem solve and be comfortable in an ever-changing environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong integrity and understanding of information governance/data protection
- An ability to use their own initiative and be self-motivated
- Have a flexible approach to working hours
Dependent on experience, salary will be between £25k - £30k. As a member of the NHS you will be entitled to join the NHS pension scheme.
Normal working hours will be 37hrs per week, Mon – Fri, (this could change as services evolve). On occasion you may be required to work additional hours to cover sickness/holidays or attend meetings outside of normal working hours.
Whilst experience of working within an NHS setting would be beneficial, we also invite applicants from other disciplines. Full training will be given.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 3rd October 2018.
Please see attached job description and job application form.
APM Job DescriptionAPM Application Form