Health Care Assistant
Scarborough Medical Group is looking for a friendly and compassionate Health Care Assistant to join our busy nursing team.
Based at both our Danes Dyke Surgery in Scalby and the South Cliff Surgery, you will ideally have a knowledge or experience in a health care position.
If you think you meet our outline/brief person specification then please visit our website www.scarboroughmedicalgroup.co.uk where you can download an application form and our full job and person specifications. The closing date for applications to be returned is Friday 12 January 17:00hrs.
- Self-directed person with positive attitude
- Enthusiasm for role and highly motivated
- Flexible attitude to the requirements of the role
- Adaptable to change, innovative and forward thinking
- Team player – evidence of team working
- Ensuring that the patient is as comfortable and relaxed as possible and confirming their agreement to the collection of a blood sample before collecting sample blood in accordance with training and procedures.
- Ensuring samples are stored in appropriate containers
- Undertaking warfarin testing for patients using the INR* software in accordance with practice policy and patient reviews
- Taking patient body measurements to support the practice in managing other diseases (BP, height’s, weights etc)
- Managing and maintaining the patient medical record in regard to own work undertaken
- Ensuring that you behave in a caring and professional manner towards patients at all times offering reassurance when required and ensuring any queries they have are directed to the right professional if you are unable to resolve them
- Ensuring that anomalies are reported to a senior member of staff
- Notifying the GP/nurse of any significant patient issues/significant clinical incidents
- Liaising with and assisting members of the administrative team
- Updating and maintaining NHS systems in line with regulatory and Practice protocols (training will be provided, but you should be PC literate).
The role is 22hrs a week, additional hours may be required to cover sickness and holiday.
We offer a highly competitive salary and you will be entitled to join the NHS pension scheme should you wish. Uniform is provided.
Job Type: Part-time